View Single Post
Old August 25 2012, 03:12 AM   #2030
Kirkman1987
Commodore

Re: What games are you playing currently?

smiki wrote: View Post
Well, I haven't played it, because I don't own a console (I just have a PC, and a rather old one, at that), so I don't really know about Birds of Steel, but I'm a big fan of flight simulators. I've played many... Battle of Britain II, IL-2 Sturmovik 1946, Lock On: Modern Air Combat, Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004... and my favorite in fact are WWII combat flight sims. Really fun. In fact, alongside point&click adventure games, simulators (mainly flight sims, but also realistic racing) are my favorite genre, of course, I like games from many different genres, but if I had to choose an actual favorite genre, it would be these two.

They have a steep learning curve, but once you've started climbing up the curve it's really fun. IMO it's even better with a joystick (the only way to play on full realism, that's how I play, with a really cheap one, 5). I assume the analog sticks of the console controller serve the purpose, though.

If you need any flying tips, just ask. Salute, fellow pilot.
I'm doing pretty good outside of those pesky aircraft carrier landings...

I've been using a controller (which works well enough), but It is compatible with several flightsticks. I'm going to pick one up sometime in the next month.

I used to play some of the Microsoft games, but it's been many years since I've picked up a flight sim.
Kirkman1987 is offline   Reply With Quote