View Single Post
Old August 25 2012, 01:52 AM   #649
Use of Time
Commodore

Re: MLB Discussion - 2012 Season

Timby wrote: View Post

I mean, you'd have to take some bad apples in order to get your hands on A-Gon, but ... what. I can't imagine any trade for that package that isn't hilariously bad for at least one team, so I am all for this.

I'd also like to imagine Cherington said, "We will give you Gonzalez, Crawford, and Beckett in exchange for (whatever)" but the Dodgers refused to consider it unless Nick Punto was added.

Or that the Red Sox are insisting on getting Mattingly in return, since they appear to have begun their traditional institutional hatchet job on Bobby V.

Edit: Punto and Gonzalez have been scratched from the lineup. James Loney on the Dodgers, too. Holy hell, this is actually going to happen.
I'd love to hear some thoughts on the Red Sox. My opinion is that the clubhouse is divided with the old corps players (Pedroia, Beckett, Gonzalez, Lester, Otiz) and then the younger players (Middlebrooks, Ellsbury etc.) I feel like those corps players made up their mind before the season started that they weren't even going to give Bobby V a chance. Ironically most of these corps players are having shitty years. I feel like the younger players don't have the status yet to rock the boat, so they just shut up and play ball. At some point the owners need to just dive in and say, "look this guy isn't going anywhere." What a mess.