View Single Post
Old August 24 2012, 11:27 PM   #1480
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion
Re: sf/f TV development news - 2012

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
^^ Depends on the results, which are unlikely to be good at this point. And I disagree that Abrams was in any way faithful to the tone and spirit of Trek. Quite the opposite, actually.
Well there's no point to arguing about that, since its obvious to me that Abrams was true to the spirit of Trek, that Moore was not true to the spirit of original BSG, and that both decisions were the correct one. But in the end, the only thing that really matters is, were the results good?

But by "results," if you mean B7, why couldnt the results be perfectly good, regardless of whether its true to the spirit, tone, or canon of the original?
No, I don't know anything about B7. I was referring to your comment about a new ST, which is more likely to follow the tone and spirit of the movie rather than the original. By tone and spirit, I'm referring to the original being a thoughtful attempt at adult SF which dealt with social and humanistic issues, as opposed to the movie which was a shallow action-fest that only brought up the concept of ethics in order to mock them.

doubleohfive wrote: View Post
Yet you complained about the series well beyond the end of the first season, complained about the show for years after you stopped watching it. I even remember at one point (perhaps more than once) you referred to Edward James Olmos as "old leatherface."
I never complained about it, I criticized it and brought it up as an example of certain trends in pop culture. Obviously, I've seen more than enough of it to be able to discuss it (especially given that even its supporters agree that it is what it is even if they disagree about the quality). As for "Old Leatherface," have you seen the guy? And what does that have to do with the quality of the show? Which, by the way, I did not bring up in this thread.

How do you honestly expect people to take you seriously?
I continue to have faith in the Human species, no matter how unwarranted.
Please stop by my Gallery and YouTube Page for a visit. And read Trunkards! And check out my Heroes essays.
RJDemonicus is offline   Reply With Quote