View Single Post
Old August 24 2012, 10:51 PM   #1475
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Re: sf/f TV development news - 2012

CorporalCaptain wrote: View Post
RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
Well, then, perhaps I heard wrong. I've never paid much attention to the show. I could have sworn I read an article where he was unhappy to be stuck with the baggage from the original BSG-- I assumed from the context that it was forced upon him by Sciffy.
Even if that's true, a remake need not retain everything from the original. So, in and of itself being forced by "overlords" to retain more material than might be preferred would be irrelevant to whether the project was, at heart, a RINO.

Said another way, touching other bases doesn't cancel out the presence of a core.
Nevertheless, he was obviously not a fan of the original and wanted nothing to do with it-- you would think he'd be happy to have it be called a RINO.

doubleohfive wrote: View Post
RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
Well, then, perhaps I heard wrong. I've never paid much attention to the show. I could have sworn I read an article where he was unhappy to be stuck with the baggage from the original BSG-- I assumed from the context that it was forced upon him by Sciffy.
Seriously? After all this time and all the negativity you've thrown at the re-imagining, you "never paid much attention to the show" ?

You don't think it's arrogant or well, silly to judge something based on whatever minuscule attention you did pay it?

How in the world can you make an informed opinion on something if you haven't paid any attention to it?
Because I watched the mini-series, the first half of the first season, the finale and various bits and pieces along the way. What I didn't do was follow all the behind-the-scenes trivia.