View Single Post
Old August 24 2012, 09:21 PM   #14
Spock/Uhura Fan
Captain

Re: My Trek Through Enterprise: Season One

lurok wrote: View Post
Welcome to another ENT/potential VOY convert I agree with both teacake and Skywalker. I was meh about Broken Bow first time I saw it and put me off ENT for years. So I'm a late convert. But better late than never. Now I'm a huge fan.
Thank you for the kind welcome.

jespah wrote: View Post
W00t! Welcome. I was pretty taken from the start but there's no doubt that Seasons 3 and 4 are the best, and there is quite a left turn in Season 3.

Broken Bow definitely gets things off with a bang. A lot of things are established at once - Vulcans have been on Earth for a century. And they've kept us back. Now we're going out there. And we might not be as well-prepared as we should be. But we might also be immature enough to shrug off assistance and instead see it as suppression (but we do have some precedent for that).

The alien doctor's name is Phlox. The other crew members are the pilot, Travis Mayweather and the Armory Officer, Malcolm Reed. Plus of course there are incidental crew members but these are the big players.

In Season 1, you'll also run into a Science crewman, Elizabeth Cutler. Other crew members are mainly one-offs.
Thanks for the names and, consequently, how to spell them. You're the second person that mentioned seasons 3 and 4 are really good. I hope I agree. And thanks for the kind welcome.

“The history of men's opposition to women's emancipation is more interesting perhaps than the story of that emancipation itself.” - Virginia Woolf
Spock/Uhura Fan is offline   Reply With Quote