View Single Post
Old August 24 2012, 03:20 AM   #156
Romulus Prime
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Why is Nemesis hated so much?

BillJ wrote: View Post
Romulus Prime wrote: View Post
From Julius Caesar to Romulus Augustulus to Thomas Palaiologos, you name me one Roman Emperor, co-Emperor or heir of either the whole empire, or of the Western/Eastern periods who were of a different species other than human.
Just wow.
Waiting for a reply again. Do you want me to list every Roman emperor, or what?

But if you really want to understand their psychology and what goes on in their heads, I have a single episode for you to watch: In the Pale Moonlight - DS9. Both the exchange between Dax and Sisko, followed by the meetings Sisko has with Senator Vreenak and the subsiquent "aftermath" of the meetings demonstrate precisely why the Romulans in Nemesis are written both clumsily and inaccurately.

Dont patronize me. I watched the entire run of DS9 when it originally aired and own the series on DVD. In the Pale Moonlight is one writers interpretation of the Romulans, Nemesis is another writers interpretation.

You may like one more than the other, but both are valid.
I'm not patronizing anyone, I'm telling you about one episode which did a fine job of summarizing the Romulan psyche and how the majority of Romulans have been consistently portrayed in Star Trek, from Balance of Terror onward.

You say Nemesis is another interpretation - exactly. I totally agree with you. Like I said, that's part of the problem with this movie.

Romulan Commander: "Danger and I are old companions." - TOS episode Balance of Terror

"Living in your dreams is like living in exile.
" - Calyx, A Stitch in Time

"Shame on you, Barack Obama!" -
Hillary Clinton

"It's the economy, stupid." - Bill Clinton
Romulus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote