View Single Post
Old August 23 2012, 07:04 PM   #40
Mars
Captain

Re: What do want to see from a new series

Romulus Prime wrote: View Post
Mars wrote: View Post
Bry_Sinclair wrote: View Post
I'd love a new Trek series with a non-human character in the lead role (that doesn't mean make them a hologram, android, or anything like that). I often find the alien characters more interesting anyways.
Well what can you do besides have forehead ridges or pointed ears? Spock commanded the Enterprise on a number of occasions.
Huh? There's plenty that can be done. Just take a look back at the movie and show Alien Nation. One main character is human, the other main is alien. You actually get the perspectives of both AND learn about how similar or different "George Fransisco's" family and species are in contrast to humans. Another example - Delenn from Babylon 5 is (arguably) a main character in Season 1, and during this time, we get her alien perspective on events which take place.

The concept of an alien captain can certainly go wrong, but only if the writers follow your assumption that they are just humans in weird make up...

What if the alien was a Tholian, remember the Tholians from the series Enterprise? Now we got an idea of what they look like and what sort of environment they live under. So how would a Tholian be as Captain?

Here's another interesting choice, how about a Hobbit? I mean seriously, somewhere in the Trek Universe there's bound to be a humanoid that stands 3 feet 6 inches tall as an average sized adult of their species, so how would such a diminutive race fit into the captain's chair?
Mars is offline   Reply With Quote