View Single Post
Old August 23 2012, 01:10 AM   #44
Christopher
Writer

Re: Disney to Remake/ Reboot The Rocketeer

Dream wrote: View Post
I think the big question will be will they get Johnston back as the director? Disney obviously has a working relationship with him since they hired him for Captain America.
Why hire the same director to do a reboot? And would Johnston even want to revisit a property he last handled over two decades ago? Creators grow and change, you know. Sure, maybe he might like the opportunity to revisit it and try to make it work better this time, but he might not want anything more to do with it because it was from a different time in his life and career and he doesn't want to move backward.

And I wouldn't make any assumptions about his relationship with Disney, considering that they didn't hire him to direct Captain America: The Winter Soldier. (He's currently making a thriller for Oren Peli's production company, for release by Universal, and he's rumored to be in line to direct Jurassic Park IV, which would be from Amblin and Universal.)

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote