View Single Post
Old August 22 2012, 10:22 PM   #37
Mars
Captain

Re: Should a new Star Trek show be live action or animated?

The Overlord wrote: View Post
Well let's look at the pro and cons of an animated series vs. a live action series.

An animated series would have a smaller budget and could create more fantastic alien designs.

The biggest problem with an animated series is the Animation Age Ghetto. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ationAgeGhetto

Now Star Trek is not some super dark series and I do think most of the Star Trek episodes are fit for whole family, not being said I would hope some greedy exec wouldn't try to use a Star Trek cartoon to talk down to kids and try to sell them toys. I will say I think TV animation has improve a lot over the last 20 years, starting with the introduction of BTAS.

I think an animated show would have a faster pace then a then a live action, but if handled well perhaps it blend high paced action with heavier concepts, similar to what BTAS, Gargoyles and Avatar did.
If they go animated, I think it should be done in the Clone Wars style, and they should use the actors from the Star Trek XI movie as voice actors for the animated characters, or try to get as many of them as the budget allows and hire sound alike voice actors to fill in the rest, if they sound like the original actors for the series, that's good too. I like the up rated Enterprise on steroids concept used in the Movie, it at all possible an animated version of that star ship should be used. The animated series should pick up where the movie left off doing a 5-year voyage and so on.
Mars is offline   Reply With Quote