View Single Post
Old August 22 2012, 10:00 PM   #134
jefferiestubes8
Commodore

Re: a new Western as a TV episodic series? discuss

in development at CBS:
CBS, David Mamet developing "Have Gun - Will Travel" reboot

I still have not seen the "Longmire" series on A&E but plan to soon.

“Longmire,” a contemporary crime thriller set in Big Sky country, is based on the Walt Longmire Mystery novels by best-selling author Craig Johnson.
Christopher Chulack (“Southland,” “ER”) served as director and executive producer of the pilot.
I see on imdb the filming location is Santa Fe, New Mexico.
How does that look like Wyoming? stock footage?
I'll take the Alberta, Canada locales of Dances with Wolves and Open Range over southwestern USA NM anyday.

well considering Longmire's ratings:
premiered with 4.1 million total viewers to become the A&E’s most-watched scripted series debut of all time and the highest-rated new cable scripted drama of 2012 among total viewers and adults 25-54 (1.4 million viewers). Over the first four airings, Longmire has averaged 3.9 million total viewers and 5.3 million viewers with Live +7 data for the first 2 weeks.
It was renewed for a 2nd season. Now I can really look forward to watching it since there will at least be 2 seasons instead of cancelled after 1. Since there are only 10 episodes each season is like a 7 hour movie.
Now I see why CBS is chasing this genre as there is an audience for it. Is it the over-49 audience? I haven't pored over the Nielsen ratings charts.

Last edited by jefferiestubes8; August 22 2012 at 10:22 PM.
jefferiestubes8 is offline   Reply With Quote