View Single Post
Old August 22 2012, 09:56 PM   #140
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Why is Nemesis hated so much?

Romulus Prime wrote: View Post
Ridiculous on this level alone...oh wait, it's only half ridiculous since he murdered the Senate.
Oh wait... it's not ridiculous since Senator Tal'Aura murdered the Senate with a miniature Thalaron device and the Romulan military was following him. Like I said, he had to cultivate alliances within the Romulan government.

You don't know too much about Romulans I take it?
They're TV villains there to serve the story, not the other way around.

There general mistrust of others is the norm for the majority. The MO of the Tal Shiar is that x10, expecting it as a given from everyone. There's just no way they would ever be complacent with slaves, let alone a clone who's rallying them.

No.

Fucking.

Way.
They were never presented with someone who promised them the Federation. Sometimes people will contemplate unholy alliances if it gives them what they want. Who knows, the Tal-Shiar may have had plans to eliminate Shinzon once he delivered them a victory over the Federation.

Not to mention the fact that they were embarrassed badly by the Dominion and may have lost quite a bit of political capital after their blunders.

And no one ever suspects he might do anything with the "man"power and weapons he has? 100% trust and no questions asked? PLEASE.
There is no indication that anyone has '100% trust' in Shinzon, they're simply following his flag to get what they want.

Last edited by BillJ; August 22 2012 at 10:32 PM.
BillJ is offline   Reply With Quote