View Single Post
Old August 22 2012, 03:29 PM   #69
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Re: No News, No Nothing!!

The Wormhole wrote: View Post
C.E. Evans wrote: View Post
There was a time you wouldn't even hear anything about a new movie until just before its release, so you went into the theatre not knowing in advance what the story was about. Abrams is kind of "old school" that way.
Or, Abrams needs to stop living in the past and get with the times. The entire script for Nemesis was available online 17 months before its release. It's 9 months before Trek XII's release and all we know is that Benedict Cumberbatch is wearing a black t-shirt.
Are you being facetious, or do you honestly believe the script being available on the Internet before release of a movie is a good thing and should be standard operating procedure? IMHO, that's a terrible idea, you wouldn't be able to go on the Internet for fear some creep is gonna spill every little thing by blurting it out in casual conversation, no spoiler warnings or anything. I personally want my first viewing experience to be as untainted as possible by spoilers. Now sure, I don't have a problem with knowing who is in the movie, what characters they're playing and some basic plot information, but, the entire script, no way would I ever want that to be standard practice.

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?