American Reunion: Unrated - DVD
Moneyball - DVD
The Expendables 2 - free admission
Into the Blue 2: The Reef - Unrated - DVD
Take This Waltz - free admission
Resident Evil: Afterlife - DVD
ParaNorman 3D - free admission
Pets (1974) - free admission

Picked up the Into the Blue sequel for cheap at Big Lots, just 'cause Smallville's Kara is in it...but damn, the movie sucked all kinds of ass. I remember when I went to see the first one at a free screenin', I was one of about a dozen or so folks who even showed up for it, so I totally understand why this was direct to DVD.

Went to see TTW before work yesterday, one of only three folks in the theater after it was sellin' out over the weekend. I didn't care for it too much.

Stopped off at Blockbuster after work & picked up Resident Evil: Afterlife on DVD, since the fifth one is comin' out soon, and I missed this one when it was in theaters. Watchin' it now, just 'cause I got nothin' better to do...

- edit, to add -

Went to see ParaNorman 3D this mornin' before work. I thought it was pretty good, with quite a few good jokes, scares & such, but it made a couple of kids in the theater cry, which was annoyin'.

If I get cut from work early like I did last night, I may go to see Sparkle...

- edit, again, to add -

Wound up in downtown at the Ritz for Weird Wednesday tonight to see Pets, a 1974 sexploitation movie based off an off-Broadway play. A young woman runs away from her family and tries to survive on her own, but instead winds up helpin' a carjacker, rapin' the car's owner, becomin' the nude model for a lesbian artist, and finally the sex slave of an art gallery owner before tryin' to reclaim her independence by pickin' up a hitchhiker on her way out of Los Angeles...

Lars, the host for Weird Wednesday, said the print was in such bad condition, tonight was the last night it could be run...so, there's that, at least.

Last edited by od0_ital; August 23 2012 at 07:11 AM.
od0_ital is offline   Reply With Quote