View Single Post
Old August 22 2012, 01:42 AM   #232
JD
Admiral

Re: Farscape or Babylon 5?

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
kirk55555 wrote: View Post
"I don't torture people, John. You misunderstand me." -Scorpius, a later episode
Ugh. Is he one of those villains who does bad things, and then says he's doing it to help the person/people? They usually get really annoying. He hurts people to get info, that means he's torturing them, its acually the definition of torture.
All I'm saying is don't let what little you've seen of him cloud your later opinions of him. There is much more to him than meets the eye.

And now I'm done.
Scorpius gets so interesting that a time will come where you may not even want to call him a "villain" at all.

Farscape is tricky like that. It's not black-and-white, good guys vs. bad guys all the time. Remember, the "good guys" are escaped criminals, and the "bad guys" are people with their own goals and motivations. They aren't just evil for the sake of being evil, even if they do dress in scary black leather.
Scorpius is one of my favorite sci-fi villains ever. I think Farscape did a great job giving us interesting villains, who were very rarely ever mustache twirlers.
Reverend wrote: View Post
Sometimes I think I'm the only person who likes "Taking the Stone."
^Quite possibly.
Actually, no, "Scratch N Sniff" annoys the hell out of me.
Now see, I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who likes 'Scratch N Sniff'!

Funny how that happens at times, no?
I don't mind "Taking the Stone", and I honestly have no recollection of "Scratch N' Sniff", which probably says a lot about how much I enjoyed it.