View Single Post
Old August 21 2012, 12:52 AM   #204
kirk55555
Fleet Captain

Re: Farscape or Babylon 5?

Reverend wrote: View Post
Hundreds? Try thousands. You think Rome, Egypt or the Empire of China wasn't full of corrupt bureaucrats? It's part of human nature and is in no danger of going away anytime soon. Oh and disregarding worker safety in the name of profit happens all the time all over the world. Hell, in just the last few days 35 South African miners got gunned down while on strike!
I know it happens, but I was comparing it more to the USA's current situation. I assume when Earth goes into space and becomes some kind of power that whatever government is formed will be run a bit better than the current (2012)governments of countries like South Africa, China, Egypt, etc, and be more like the USA, UK, or other modern democracies, where it has problems but doesn't treat its people like they have no rights. The fact that its atleast some kind of democracy (and I'm assuming its one global government, although they really haven't said) is what gives me that assumption. I know there will be corruption, but what was happening with the dock workers was just bad (and, it turns out public opinion did make the Senate accept Sinclair's position, so it is similar to what we have today). I guess I just assumed it would be a little better, not a bit worse than what we have now.
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote