View Single Post
Old August 20 2012, 11:10 PM   #1110
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Re: The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Cool story. I walk into Wal-Mart to find that they've just done their section resets, so a shiny new action figure aisle filled with shiny new toys is there. I rush to the Avengers pegs hoping to find an elusive 6" Hawkeye, but find to my dismay only Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor. I continue down the aisle to look at the other stuff, my hopes shattered, when something catches my eye. At the end of the aisle, tucked behind a Nerf gun that is conspicuously in the wrong area, I find not one, but two Hawkeyes! It would appear some jerk tried to hide them. Naturally, I grab one for myself and return the other to its place on the pegs, for some other lucky collector or kid to find. Ah, it feels to good to thwart the plans of the jerks that hide hard to find figures. The fact that there were two of them tells me for certain that someone was planning to scalp them.

Now, I have Hawkeye in two scales. Just the Marvel Select and Hot Toys version to go. Such a pity that Marvel Select and Hasbro's 6" line will both be missing a Black Widow to go with him.