View Single Post
Old August 20 2012, 12:52 AM   #6
shivkala
Rear Admiral

Re: Valiant Comics 3.0 edition

I haven't been to the comic shop in quite some time, but I did get issues 1 and 2 of X-O Manowar. So far, I was really impressed. They are sticking very much to Valiant 1.0 in terms of his origin, as Valiant 2.0 had a totally different origin and characters. I recently hit upon some issues of 2.0 X-O Manowar and they weren't bad, but the original idea of a barbarian getting an uber-powerful armor and being transported to the present day was just so cool.

I really like this Aric and while I can foresee some issues when he hits the present day, I think it will be presented differently than in 1.0. I wonder if they'll go with the "Aric inherits/falls into a company and fortune" route. That did present an easy way to get him involved in the present day, but I think it stretched credibility, even with the armor and Ken's help, that he went from a barbarian to a CEO so quickly.

I think X-O Manowar is in great hands, currently. I haven't tried the other titles and frankly, I don't know if I will. I want to support Valiant, but honestly, the characters hold no interest for me, and didn't in their 1.0/2.0 days, either.

I really liked X-O Manowar and through them, I grew to like the Armorines. I also really enjoyed the first arc on Geomancer (with a relatively new pencilor named Rags Morales. I often wonder whatever became of him. ) and that got me interested in The Eternal Warrior. I might have read an issue here and there of Bloodshot and Harbinger, but nothing to get me interested. Maybe I'll trade-wait them this time around.
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote