View Single Post
Old August 19 2012, 09:23 AM   #97
Candlelight
Admiral

Re: Re-watching Babylon 5 (* SPOILERS *)

Who is/are your favorite character(s)?

I was always a fan of Garibaldi, except for his paranoia turn during the fourth season. Other than that being an ensemble cast I pretty much liked all characters. I wasn't much of a fan of Londo or G'Kar during the early seasons but both characters grew on me once their universes began to fall.

What is/are your favorite season(s) of the series?

Season three without a doubt. So much happens between the first and last episode it's quite amazing (though the same can be said for season four). The build up of G'Kar's character, the split from Earth, the Shadow war gaining momentum and Babylon 4 shows up in there too.

What is/are your favorite episode(s) of the series?

Babylon Squared and War Without End for starters, as I found the Babylon 4 storyline most fascinating. The main key arc episodes also stand out for me, like Signs and Portents, Chrysalis, The Coming of Shadows, In the Shadow of Z'Ha'Dum, The Long Twilight Struggle, The Fall of Night, Severed Dreams, Z'Ha'Dum, Into the Fire, No Surrender No Retreat, Between the Darkness and the Light, Endgame and Sleeping in Light. None of the season five episodes really stood out for me, and - with the exception of Racing the Night - neither did Crusade.

What are your favorite quotes from the series (one or two from each season)?

Too many to mention. The show was full of so many profound comments I can't list them all here.

What is the one story arc or plot thread you would have liked to have had more information on?

I would liked to have seen a non-rushed season four, with more of a resolution to the Shadow war (not that I didn't like what we got), the spilling over of the Earth war into season five and more focus of the Minbari civil war.

Part of me wanted to see In Valen's Name - the 3-part comic featuring Babylon 4 - made into an episode during the fourth season, but the other half of me likes the ambiguity of the fate of the space station.

I've enjoyed this thread DigificWriter, most enjoyable.