View Single Post
Old August 19 2012, 06:42 AM   #29
theonering
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: UT:TFV - Part II - Scorched Earths

Gibraltar wrote: View Post
theonering wrote: View Post
I'd like to ask a question if I may. I apologize if this has been answered already and I missed it. But is the Baron supposed to be a Star Trek take on Doctor Who's time lords? Or is he an actually time lord? Would you mind elaborating a little more on the character from the authors perspective? I'd be interested in hearing how you developed him as you were writing. Thanks!
Thank you very much for the kind words, I'm very glad you've enjoyed the series.

To aswer your question, the Baron is an actual Gallifreyan Time Lord whose origin and background are detailed in my story Geometries of Chance. Hes now stranded in our UT Trek universe, and has a whole host of enemies he wants to exact vengeance on, with Donald Sandhurst at the top of his list (when he can remember that list, of course).
I figured as much, I just don't remember any mention of the obvious key words (Gallifrey, time lord, the doctor, the master, TARDIS, etc.) the regeneration scene made it clear though.I'll definitely be rereading Geomatries of Chance in the near future since it seems the baron will have a significant role to play in this story.
theonering is offline   Reply With Quote