View Single Post
Old August 19 2012, 05:10 AM   #119
R. Star
Rear Admiral

Re: The Maquis or the Federation?

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
If the Maquis could attack and disable the Malinche without murdering its crew, then they could have done the same to the Bok'Nor. But then, they wouldn't get to kill Cardassians, would they?

And let's not forget that it was Eddington who came up with the plan to use biological weapons AGAINST CARDASSIA ITSELF. Of course, the plan was a ruse, but the fact that Eddington came up with it at all was rather telling. If he could have actually managed to get it to work, I'm sure he would have. Perhaps not all Maquis commanders would have done it (Chakotay, for example), but Eddington definitely would have.
You're playing the race card here? Wow... you're seeing things that aren't there. The only evidence of -any- racism was Eddington's comment "they're just Cardassians" and being he was trying to goad Sisko's conscience into turning around and not kill him, so you have to take that with a grain of salt. So yeah... not proven column.

Same with the attack in Blaze of Glory. It was a ruse to tempt Sisko. Eddington -did- know how to manipulate the man.

Though on the subject of biological weapons, sure Eddington used them and deserved to be locked away for that. So did Sisko for using that trilithium resin, which was the same freaking thing. They really should have been sharing a jail cell, but Sisko didn't get punished.

Yes, they were a small splinter group who was outnumbered and out equipped by the Cardassians. Did you really expect them to send what few ships they had in a head on attack? That would just be stupid of them. So yes, they did resort to hit and run, terrorist style attacks. I suppose you think the Bajorians were wrong to fight the Cardassian occupation too instead of just leaving Bajor like say... Ro Laren?