View Single Post
Old August 19 2012, 01:51 AM   #87
Timewalker
Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady

Re: Crossover with other franchises?

JD wrote: View Post
Can't we just move on here, please. And looking at this situation as an someone who knows very little about Dune (I've read up on some of the story when I tried to read the first book a couple years ago), it definitely seems like a bit of an overreaction. We get you don't like post Frank Herbert Dune, we really don't need multi-paragraph posts about how much you hate Kevin J. Anderson and his books.
Well, excuuuuuuuuse me! Feel free to ignore my posts if they bore you - like I prefer to ignore certain people around here.

I use Dune as the example I'm most familiar with regarding the issue of authors writing in somebody else's original universe without respecting the established internal consistency of that original universe. Other people may use other examples.

JD wrote: View Post
If that was to me, then I've said all I wanted to say on the topic in my post above. I just felt that his behavior was inappropriate, and now that I've said so, I'm done.
If you are referring to my behavior as "inappropriate," I would remind you that it's also inappropriate to refer to a female poster as male.

Anyway, I've just discovered how to use the "Ignore List" - so now I'm much calmer.

And I did take it back on track anyway - I love the idea of a Toy Story/ST crossover using the Star Trek "Mr. Potato Head" characters! I wonder who's more macho - Potato-Kirk or Buzz Lightyear?

For some great Original Series fanfic, check out the Valjiir Continuum!
Timewalker is offline   Reply With Quote