View Single Post
Old August 18 2012, 07:54 PM   #100
Kommander
Commodore

Re: PICTURE POST II!

I destroyed this car. On purpose.

It's for a movie my friend John is making (the guy on the upper-left.) This was taken after it fell five stories. Originally, we were going to push it off the top of the parking structure of the Packard Automotive Plant. When the car arrived we found out that it still worked, which we weren't expecting. So, I set it up to drive off rather than it being pushed.

It had to be done in one take, obviously. The director got the shot he wanted, and I only missed the spot he marked on the ground by a foot. Which, I didn't know I could do physics in my head, so that's good to know.

Edit: Here I am showing my dominance over the car:

Before someone points out that I'm standing in a puddle of gasoline with a cigarette in my mouth and how stupid that is, 1: the cigarette wasn't lit at the time, 2: a burning cigarette isn't hot enough to ignite gasoline under most circumstances, and 3: driving a car off of a fucking building is at least a thousand times more dangerous.

Also, I confirmed what MythBusters found. Crashing a car like this will not make it explode.

Last edited by Kommander; August 19 2012 at 01:05 AM.
Kommander is offline   Reply With Quote