View Single Post
Old August 18 2012, 06:23 PM   #186
kirk55555
Fleet Captain

Re: Farscape or Babylon 5?

I'm fine with never seeing that episode again. I don't think there are any circumstances where I'll ever watch that episode. I may not outright hate it like Jeremiah Crichton, but unless someone puts a gun to my head I'll never watch it, not even the 20 minutes or so I watched the first time. If you like it, thats fine, but I would bet money (if I had any) that A Human Reaction has no importance to the overall plot whatsoever. In fact, I just read an indepth plot summary here

http://farscape.wikia.com/wiki/A_Human_Reaction

to see if I missed anything. I'm not saying anyone is wrong about it being important, but maybe its just your perspective. I mean, I suppose the aliens from it come back at some point, and maybe it becomes important then, but that doesn't mean you have to see it to know about the aliens. I'm sure, if they return, John will just go "Oh, look, you're the aliens that kidnapped and experimented on me". It doesn't seem very complicated. I also read the page on the ancients. I don't want spoilers, but I was convinced reading their page wouldn't give me spoilers beyond any throwaway episodes they are in later, and I was right. They make a few more appearances, give John wormhole knowledge, then it gets taken away (after a reappearance from that annooying mechanic, I was hoping they wouldn't mention her again). All that means is that I'll have a few more episodes to skip when I get to later seasons of Farscape. Reading the page on the aliens didn't even give me any spoilers for the plot past the episodes with the ancients, I have no idea whats going to happen to anyone or where the overall plot is going, and I read all of that page. So, if the ancients aren't too important to the overall plot, I don't know what part of that episode was important.
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote