View Single Post
Old August 18 2012, 06:04 AM   #1086
C.E. Evans
Vice Admiral
Re: The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

cooleddie74 wrote: View Post
Given that he had just one on-screen appearance in the Doctor Who franchise I'm not that shocked that Paul McGann doesn't get a lot of merchandise, but you'd think that---if for no other reason than to have a complete set of figures representing the entire Time Lord saga---they'd have a couple of them floating around.
Yeah. The box set is currently the only way (other than eBay) to get all eleven Doctors.
It's like a line of Star Trek figures without at the very least a couple of Jeffrey Hunters being in circulation somewhere.
Kind of like the original Mego line (which I did have as a kid).

Speaking of Trek toys, a dream I had was for a 3.75-inch line that ran the whole spectrum, from TOS to Star Trek XII (with a line of ships, phasers, etc., to match). But I think the reality of the current toy industry--in particular, action figures--makes that idea unrealistic, especially with Hasbro now having the license (perhaps they'll let another company have a sub-license for that--hopefully).

One thing I've been seeing Hasbro and Mattel moving towards is releasing figures solely through subscription clubs, which is essentially the same as making them rare (i.e., expensive) online exclusives.
"Don't sweat the small stuff--it makes you small-minded..."
C.E. Evans is offline   Reply With Quote