Nice thread idea! Naming ships is one of my favorite parts about leveling. I tend to name mine for fictional cities/areas, weather phenomena or something Dutch - and hopefully ending up with something not already in use. Here's some from my various toons:
- U.S.S. Leyawinn (Maelstrom/Dervish hybrid, named for the city from Elder Scrolls: Oblivion)
- U.S.S. Cairhien (Venture, named for the city in Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series)
- U.S.S. Mistral (Emissary/Nomad hybrid, named for the wind in southern France)
- U.S.S. Van Leeuwenhoek (Nebula, named for the Dutch scientist)
- U.S.S. Merwede (Danube, named for the Dutch river)
... and when starting a new toon, my Miranda is always named U.S.S. Tempest, for the ship of the same class from Starfleet Academy.