View Single Post
Old August 17 2012, 08:51 AM   #610
sjsharksfan39
Admiral

View sjsharksfan39's Twitter Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Season 1 Discussion Thread

Coming of Age is one of the most underrated gems of the first season in my opinion. Two different plots, and both of them worked. We had the start of the conspiracy plot (Which I wish was a lot larger than two episodes) and I think this was also the episode where Wes turned the corner from "wonderkd" to young teenager who isn't perfect. I think we see more of it in Season 2, but I really do wonder if the writers decided to dial it back by not having him attend the academy on the first try. Of course that also had to do with Weaton being in a contract for the show, but it is still good to stick with on-air meanings.

Something I am starting to notice about the remastering (And this is by no means a criticism) is that it seems like the planets turn out to be the same. If there was one thing I had wished they might have done was do like they did with some of the Star Trek remastering and give a planet it's own personality. Also, was there a light on Murdock's breathalyzer thing in the original (Before HD) episode? I don't remember that light being there before.

Still, great episode.