View Single Post
Old August 16 2012, 02:39 PM   #164
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

Re: David Slade Will Direct Daredevil for Fox

Sorry for the double post, too late to edit the above one. Here's Carhaghan on his DD vision and why it couldn't happen:

I was brought in pretty late in the game," he says, "and my take probably didn’t help matters since they had an existing script. But I just thought that if you were going to do it, this was the way to go. It was initially something I passed on because Christopher Nolan had done such a lovely job with Batman and unless you’re going to go after that trilogy, then that’s how you have to think. You can’t out-hurdle that, then what’s the point of trying?

"So it set the bar extraordinarily high, and I thought ‘Well, if we’re going to do this, let’s have a discussion about Hell’s Kitchen, and how it was really Hell’s Kitchen in the '70s,' so that got me really excited. But as I mentioned, the clock ticking and this kind of October drop-dead date, it wasn’t tenable.

"Having gone down this road in the past," he continues, "when you’re trying to write something and shoot it at the same time, it's disastrous. I think you’d need an adequate amount of time to put that script together in the right way."
http://www.totalfilm.com/news/joe-ca...redevil-reboot