View Single Post
Old August 16 2012, 01:09 PM   #2295
intrinsical
Commodore

Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

The Castellan wrote: View Post
Folks, I just made an account for the game less than a weel ago, and I could use any pointers you veteren plays could give me.

My character, right now is a science officer....and I am wondering what are the best overall 4 traits, when making your character, to have? Also, how good is the TOS Enterprise in the game, I am tempted to buy it when I can. Same goes for the Oberth. Also, can the TOS Enterprise be customized and renamed as well?
From a gameplay perspective, traits don't really matter a great deal in this game as they only provide a tiny bonus. Skills are much more important in determining what your character and ship can do. This applies to your character's skills as well as your bridge officer's skills.

As for buying ships, it really depends on your goal. The game gives you a free ship at levels 10, 20, 30 and 40. The equivalent store ships are only marginally better than these free ships. So in my opinion, there's not much gameplay value in buying store ships until you're level 50.