View Single Post
Old August 16 2012, 12:20 PM   #148
tomswift2002
Fleet Captain

Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray Audio Issues

Scotty wrote: View Post
tomswift2002 wrote: View Post
dg1379 wrote: View Post

I wasn't having any issues until 11001001 when the audio sounded like everyone talking through a soup can. In fact, that entire disc, disc 4, had bad audio all together. I do not have surround on my system yet so I have been listening to stereo sound. I was surprised by that. Made my call. Very simple process.

I'm just watching the binar episode right now (I've got a 5.1 system that allows me to matrix different environments) and I've been switching between stereo and the different 5.1 matrices (including DTS regular) and I haven't heard any problems.
Unless you've skipped the pilot Encounter at Farpoint, the audio problems are almost impossible to miss. The main problem is that the dialogue from the center channel has been mixed into the front left and front right channel as well (on 7 episodes). So some episodes sound normal, others have have an echo or sound "tinny", or in the case of EaF the dialogue seems to come from the right speaker.
I just double checked EAF and there is a tiny amount of voice leakage into my front right speaker, but unless you put your ear right next to the speaker, it sounds like all the voices re coming from the center speaker.

But aside from EAF and the binar episode, what are the other 5 episodes tht "apparently" have this issue?
tomswift2002 is offline   Reply With Quote