View Single Post
Old August 15 2012, 05:04 PM   #88
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

Re: ROBOCOP remake finds its director and star

Dream wrote: View Post
Possible Concept Art for ROBOCOP Revealed?

I AM IRON... um... ROBOCOP!

SNIP

I believe that was deemed fake a few weeks ago.

Apparently Drew McWeeny has read the script. BIG grains of salt!

http://www.examiner.com/article/upco...some-criticism

I'll share this one detail. In the film, when Murphy is turned into RoboCop 1.0, it's described 'a high-tech version of the '80s suit.' Then they show a focus group scene where criminals laugh at the design. "He looks like a toy from the '80s!" So they redesign him to look 'meaner' as RoboCop 2.0, who passes focus group approval. So they not only make sure to include the original design, they also point out it's dated and stupid. *facepalm*
Hold onto your sides for more hilarious RoboCop details. They outsource his construction to China. #seriously
Oh, god... oh dear god... RoboCop is a Transformer. He goes from "social mode" to "combat mode" and back. Full transformation.
Good god... it just keeps topping itself. It's like someone wrote a script scientifically fine-tuned to destroy me. Someone shows Pope, head of the OCP project, some mock-ups for RoboCop action figures. 'Are you kidding? I wouldn't buy that for a dollar!' Yeah, that just happened. NOT SO FUNNY NOW, IS IT?!

If true, this movie will play up the "He's a product" angle more than the 1987 movie.

Robocop is no different than the latest Ipod

Having a "Criminals focus group" is probably some attempt by the movie to copy the 80's satire angle.

I understand that with the OCP employee looking at Robocop action figures.
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote