View Single Post
Old August 15 2012, 03:58 PM   #2283
Scout101
Admiral

Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Admit I'm not a programmer, and certainly wouldn't expect them to retrofit it to a ton of things, but as part of the FE design? maybe i'm over-simplifying it, but was thinking more like how the transwarp gate to Borg space works; doesn't work until you reach level (whatever. 40 maybe?). Was thinking along the lines of a trigger that locks DS9 once you finish abandoning DS9, and then doesn't turn it back on until you retake the station. Probably a million other things linked into DS9 that make it harder, i guess, but it was just a little thing anyway, wasn't intended to be the big part of the discussion.

Does bring up another question, though: updating the STO year/date. How much retrofitting has to happen now to move the date forward, stop the Klingon war, etc? Maybe there's a way to skip around it, so you still experience all that when you start out, but for people at end-game levels, it is just no longer a factor? Lots of stuff tied to that, and makes sense as a static game, but they can't stay like that and move the story along. eventually , we NEED to move forward, or just wring the rest of the money out of the game and call it a day...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33