Old August 15 2012, 03:39 PM   #59
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive
Re: Crossover with other franchises?

OmahaStar wrote: View Post
Timewalker wrote: View Post
Christopher wrote: View Post
Okay, finally a useful answer to the question. I don't know or care about all that other stuff, and I don't want to see the thread derailed by it any further. I don't think it's appropriate to attack authors personally just because you didn't like something they wrote. And Mr. Anderson was kind enough to give me a very positive promotional quote for Only Superhuman, so I don't want anything to do with your hatefest.

I suppose it's possible that characters in the 'Verse just haven't found alien life or FTL drive yet, but I'm not sure that's consistent with the intent. So I do think it's somewhat forced.
oooOOOOoooo.... so somebody's pissed off that I'm not agreeing with him just because he's a published author?

Bullshit. And Christopher, you just attacked ME, by categorizing my profound distaste for a hack author ruining a classic as a "hatefest." Trust me, what I said is MILD in comparison to what others have said.

I DID give you useful information - the page you linked to is pure crap that's NOTHING to do with the actual novel Dune.

You've just lost a reader. Congratulations. And it's nothing to do with your writing. It's because you're being a jerk. And I wouldn't be so proud of an endorsement by KJA. He can churn out quantity, definitely. Too bad not much of it is quality.
Yeah, he has been doing that for years. He lives to needle people and show people up with his "knowledge." He still has no idea why so many people call him Kia behind his back. Who knows? He may even be a halfway-decent writer, but he's such a jerk that he drives potential readers away.
Not cool, man. And wholly unnecessary.