View Single Post
Old August 14 2012, 11:06 PM   #2279
Scout101
Admiral

Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Eh, I'm done with their constant c-store toys. WAY overpriced. Not bad if you play for free, not great if you've got hundreds invested already. Yeah, there's a stipend, but a good amount of that has to go to overcome the slot limitations (bank, inventory, ship, character, costume, account bank, etc) they put on us. Even without that part, it would take 5 months of stipends for a free ship.

I bought the Gal-X, and they pretty much immediately abandoned it, it's shit at this point. And the console (which became the real reason to buy ships now) is a cloak, which is worthless and comes with the regular VA ship anyway). Paid $20 in real money for it, and never use it. I'm over the toys. Plus don't want to encourage them. Would rather they focus on stories, mission content, and things to do rather than shiny toys and rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote