View Single Post
Old August 14 2012, 12:44 AM   #86
Jan
Commodore

Re: Re-watching Babylon 5 (* SPOILERS *)

Gov Kodos wrote: View Post
That and through Byron's dialogue we got the racist separatism that Psicorp was teaching. Byron, and I think the rest of his gang, were all Corp escapees. The first underground were a lot of folks who'd not joined and were avoiding it all together. They weren't high lighted as a group of supermen, but as a persecuted minority. Byron's group were a batch of the Aryan supermen now calling themselves persecuted, but were (Byron, at least) one of the elite knocked of his high perch and wanted a new place from which to call every one else inferior.
You're mis-remembering, I'm afraid. In "A Race Through Dark Places", Telepath #1 had been experimented on just like Ironheart had been. He says that they made him a P12, maybe even a P13. The woman who talked to Talia had her powers awaken at puberty and was taken into the Corps. She refused a genetic mating two years later. She was drugged and impregnated by the Corps.

Byron doesn't say anything at all about whether the members of his group were in the Corps or not. One of the 'rogues' who didn't barricade themselves talked about "not going back there", though.

JMS never addressed it that I recall, but I thought that it was interesting to note the unconscious bigotry on the parts of both the telepaths and the mundanes.

Jan
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote