View Single Post
Old August 13 2012, 05:43 PM   #34
AtoZ
Commander

Re: 53 Reasons Why We Need a New Star Trek TV Series

I can really only propose what I think and believe.

If we were to do trek one more time, make it TOS era and if we want to start afresh than make it one of the other connie-class Starships with fresh characters.

One of the BIG mistakes Enterprise made, IMO, was that they used TNG and the shows that followed as a template for pre-TOS stuff. The singular Helm station, the TNG ripoff on the jumpsuits, the Captain's Ready Room....it didn't to me register as TOS inspired stuff. Sure, they had the grapple instead of a tractor beam but they still had one foot in the thinking and direction of the other post TOS shows.....and it bled through.

I want to see less soap, less political correctness. I want to see them avoid the techno babble weak endings, the preaching from the Captain's Ready Room and the wall dressing female character interpretations.

Of course this isn't the flawed 1960's and of course some would want to see today's thinking thrown into such a venture, but if that must be how it is done than I for one am happy to NOT see such an undertaking take place. For me they got it right 79 times straight. After that it was hit or miss....and there were far more forgotten efforts that neither hit nor missed.....that were bland, weak, watered down and uninspired than I can possibly remember.

Just my two cents.
AtoZ is offline   Reply With Quote