View Single Post
Old August 13 2012, 01:01 PM   #75
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

Re: Cast The Inevitable Batman Reboot

Let's actually look at what I said:

As it happens, I'd be content to cast an actor who can pass for younger (in Begins Bale was 31 playing Bruce Wayne at varied ages between his teens and 30), but I'd have to reluctantly agree that having a Batman aged 30 at the start of his career was perhaps a questionable decision - bearing in mind that that's an age where many athletes and sportspeople are viewed as having their best days behind them.
I firstly talked about the actor then I talked about a Batman at the start of his career. First the actor, then the character.

I don't see why it's so difficult to hold two different concepts in your mind at the same time. It should have been very clear that I was saying I had no problem with the age of the actor but could see merit in having a younger character.

Like I say, Admiral Young and JD got the point straight away and I've repeated it ad nauseum, so I don't know why I'm having to make it again.

If you hadn't been so quick to throw in a rolleyes, I might not have retorted with the 'English' wisecrack. And I didn't read your profile, so I didn't know you were female. I was more interested in reading the actual posts.