View Single Post
Old August 12 2012, 07:11 AM   #143
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

Re: Space Battleship Yamato 2199

137th Gebirg wrote: View Post
^^^ Encouraging numbers. Although I find the English/Japanese mish-mash combinations in some of these titles quite amusing. Very "all your base"...
Yeah, 30k is pretty good in the grand scheme of things. This show may be special because of how it is being distributed, but typical shows need 5k per volume to break evenish.

137th Gebirg wrote: View Post
I think $100+ per disc of 2 episodes is also putting a lot of people off. That price is quite patently absurd. What do they think this is, the 90's, when people had a lot more disposable income to afford it? The story has always been strong and based on many reviews I've read about it, is not only faithful to the source material but in some ways noticeably better. My bet is on the cost. It's the only reason I haven't gotten the discs as soon as they came out and I wager 500 quatloos that many others feel the same way.
Media is ridiculously expensive in Japan. That's just the way it goes. Anime more so because they know fans will pay for it if they want it and that lowering the price won't really increase sales.

"How do you trust a nation that's invented Karate? They're standing there in their pajamas... then they kick you in the balls!"
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote