View Single Post
Old August 11 2012, 10:16 PM   #123
Maxwell Everett
Commodore

Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray Audio Issues

BriGuy wrote: View Post
Maxwell Everett wrote: View Post
BriGuy wrote: View Post
You can speculate back and forth all day.

None of it really matters until the source comes out and details what is being changed on which discs, then we'll know for sure.

Until then, we don't know.
Well, I'm at least glad you went from "This is bullshit" this morning to essentially "let's wait and see, we shouldn't speculate." Maybe at the end of all this you'll even be "pleasantly surprised"?
No, I still think it's bullshit that customers are being treated differently based upon where they happened to buy it, that information coming out is differing, that confirmations aren't being sent and that one clear message is not being communicated to all customers.

I was getting more at the futility of speculation here, and that it would be better and proper for "TPTB" to come out and clear this all up for us.
It's clear enough to me. I understand you're frustrated, but confirmations aren't normally sent back by fulfillment centers once you give them your info -- you just have to wait for the product to arrive. That's just the way it's done. Not defending it, just saying that's par for the course.

Now, different retailers have different policies for dealing with replacements. If the store you bought your set at gets new replacement sets in (with a different barcode) within 30 days of buying it, then you should be able to do a swap in store as long as you still have your receipt.

But you have to understand that these replacement discs originate from different fulfillment centers in different parts of the world, so it's to be expected that they would have different ways of getting new discs out to customers -- Deluxe Media Management in the US, and Sony DADC in Europe. It's not like replacements can come direct from CBS... so they can't give a general statement for everyone everywhere in the world -- they have to use these various companies to handle the situation.

Just so you know, I was one of the very first to call Deluxe the morning this replacement program was put in place and I live about 30 miles from their fulfillment center, so I should be one of the first here to get replacement discs... and I guarantee you I will be on here in very short order with pics of the discs and info on any additional fixes they may have done.