View Single Post
Old August 11 2012, 08:36 PM   #57
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Comic Book "Reboot."

Okay. My LCS finally got in the "Splinter" one-shot/Micro-Series and I found it to be n excellent issue. The reincarnation idea they're going with for Splinter, the Turtles and Shredder is very interesting and gives the characters that much more depth. (Though it does beg the question on why karma/the universe saw it fit to reincarnate Shredder -a vicious man- as a man, Splinter -of dubious temper but obviously with a measure of "good"- as a rat, and Splinter's children as turtles.

But, the Splinter one-shot was just great. The Casey Jones one-shot? It left me finding Casey as pretty much a sad, almost "tragic", character. Here we've a young man who lost his mother and is left with an abusive father. Now it seems his father wasn't always abusive but became this way over the loss of his wife and feeling insecure about being unable to support his son. But, still, he's abusive towards Casey. And, sadly, Casey puts up with it and shows his father love in turn. Not sure what to make of that but not sure it makes Casey a very strong character.