View Single Post
Old August 11 2012, 05:53 PM   #1053
BritishSeaPower
Commander

View BritishSeaPower's Twitter Profile
Re: So What Are you Reading?: Generations

Stayed up real late last night to finish out A Time for War, A Time For Peace. Really enjoyed it. It's a nice coda to the A Time To... novels and a great "epilogue" to the TNG Movie Era, as well. The close ties of Hate/Kill/WarPeace really makes it feel like a united story arc, something missing from the first 6 books. My only real complaint about the book is that it feels like was written to be two books, but then got reduced into one. It moves fast, but a lot feels like it happens off-page. Still really enjoyable though.

I'm going to give the few short stories in Sky's the Limit set after Nemesis a read, and then Riker's Captain's Table tale. After that I'm going to take a little break from TrekLit for a bit, as I've been pretty much laser focused on it for the past year or so.

I think before getting into the Post-Nemesis TrekLit Universe, I may do a chronological read through of the recent Mirror Universe stuff - along with the 3 DS9 books - as that's a nice bit of reading, but fairly contained.