View Single Post
Old August 10 2012, 07:52 PM   #107
Scotty
Rear Admiral

Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray Audio Issues

NewHorizon wrote: View Post
davejames wrote: View Post
BriGuy wrote: View Post
This is bullshit. I bought mine at Best Buy, on release day, and I get SCREWED OVER.

Why should those who bought on Amazon get complete replacement sets, when others only get certain discs replaced? They're now talking about fixing other problems - what if those are on discs that are not being replaced.
I don't understand what the big deal is myself. I got mine at Best Buy too, and from what I can tell the rest of the set is pretty much...
I think the issue for some, myself included, is that we shelled out the cash to support CBS right out the gate...and all of the missing footage that had either been upconverted or replaced with CGI has been found and made its way into later episodes in the set where the effects were reused. Speaking for myself, I paid for the set with the understanding that this would be the finalized, definitive version. If it isn't and others are getting a full set replacement, then I would hope to have that same courtesy. I don't want to have to re-buy the set to get the fully corrected eoisodes.
You assume that the "minor issues" that Paramount keeps referring to are issues with the remastering. Paramount hasn't said anything about correcting "mistakes" that the fans have noticed.