View Single Post
Old August 10 2012, 06:47 PM   #121
Rush Limborg
Vice Admiral

Re: Star Trek: Our Sacred Honor--A Tale Of Captain Ezri Dax

^Well, I suppose it all depends on the fate of Donatra and the Imperial Romulan State. Perhaps, in an alternate universe...

(Hey--doesn't the STO universe still have the IRS for longer than the Prime TrekLit Universe? Ah, well....)

Anyway--here's the true "deleted" scene, with Admiral Janice Rand (whom, readers of my "Rendezvous With Destiny" may recall, is thought of by Ezri as he "second mother".)

A note: Rand's backstory on Saweore was created by Vonda McIntyre for Enterprise, The First Adventure. The mission concerning Kirk is actually a novel-length story (which I titled Star Trek: Revolution) I'd written some years ago. I've never posted it, because I want to see it in print, some day. Everyone tells me I should not write a Trek novel before Pocket agrees to it, but--hope springs eternal. Also, it was in writing that novel that my skills were honed. Published or not...it was worth doing.

Anyway...

Here's why I cut the scene:

Still, looking over it, I actually like it better, now, than I did, then. I still think it'd have slowed the story down--but as a scene in itself, I actually kind of like it.

"Forget it, Jake...it's Chinatown."
Rush Limborg is offline   Reply With Quote