View Single Post
Old August 9 2012, 03:27 PM   #262
tubular_trekkie
Ensign

Re: Star Trek London - All 5 captains to be there!

Admiral Bear wrote: View Post
USS Intrepid wrote: View Post
There was an exhibition in Edinburgh many years ago that had a roped off TOS bridge. That may be what Admiral Bear is thinking of.
Yup, that's the one. It was a long time ago, but I think it did a brief UK tour before it came to London which is where I saw it.

Was OK, but it wasn't worth the ticket price.

People starting to grumble on the Shamasters forum about the lack of new guests, particularly higher quality ones. I can't believe they seriously think they're going to get any.
I remember going to an exhibition called 'Star Trek: The Adventure' about 10 years ago in London's Hyde Park. It had a roped-off TOS bridge and a TNG bridge that you could walk around as well as sit in the command chairs. I quite enjoyed seeing it, I have to say.

And I do think this convention WILL HAPPEN. The idea that no-one will show up and the event won't come off at all is a bit fanciful, wouldn't you say?
It'll probably be like an overpriced Collectormania or LFCC though. Lots of queues, lots of crowds, lots of waiting around to see glimpses of celebrities and lots of money changing hands for whatever 'entertainment' is on offer. Okay if you've got limitless funds, otherwise probably not.

Last edited by tubular_trekkie; August 9 2012 at 04:40 PM.