View Single Post
Old August 8 2012, 03:41 AM   #14
Timewalker
Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady

Re: Why Did Gene drop Christopher Pike?

Use of Time wrote: View Post
Which is a good thing too. I know there are a lot of running jokes made at Shatner's expense but I swear Hunter didn't change his facial expression the entire episode. For some reason he seemed generally pissed off the entire 45 minutes. I'll grant him that he didn't really get much of a grace period to evolve his character. That being said, I loved the episode.
He smiled at his horse, Tango, for a couple of nanoseconds.

scotpens wrote: View Post
Use of Time wrote: View Post
Which is a good thing too. I know there are a lot of running jokes made at Shatner's expense but I swear Hunter didn't change his facial expression the entire episode. For some reason he seemed generally pissed off the entire 45 minutes.
I wouldn't say Hunter was a bad actor, but he did have limited range. He could do "angry" and he could do "brooding." And minor variants thereof.

And remember, the second pilot was completely recast except for Leonard Nimoy as Spock.
The only non-Trek role I've ever seen Jeffrey Hunter play is Jesus. I've seen numerous movie portrayals of Jesus, and Hunter is the best that I've seen. I loved the whole part of the Sermon on the Mount, and I'm atheist!

For some great Original Series fanfic, check out the Valjiir Continuum!
Timewalker is offline   Reply With Quote