View Single Post
Old August 7 2012, 02:37 AM   #836
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Re: "The Dark Knight Rises" Review and Discussion Thread (spoilers)

Lord Garth wrote: View Post
My father, who never read a Batman comic in his life, also didn't like the movie. He didn't like that Batman kept getting beat up and he said we should watch movies to get away from the problems of in the real world.
With that line of thinking, we'd never get good superhero stories, just more formulaic stuff, and that gets old after a while.

Harvey wrote: View Post
I found it hard to believe that the trades Bane made in Bruce's name would have been upheld for more than three seconds. First, Bruce wasn't there; security footage can confirm that and Alfred could provide an alibi about his whereabouts. Second, the trade happened after the exchange had been taken hostage and everything had stopped. Wouldn't that look suspicious to...well, anyone?
Fraud wouldn't be difficult to prove, but getting things ironed out would take time, assuming it's even possible. Afterall, real trades were placed and I can't imagine it would be easy to get that money back.

Mach5 wrote: View Post
Kelthaz wrote: View Post
I can't believe that they would waste this much time on "Robin" if the character wasn't being setup for a spin-off series. Given the popularity of John Blake, I'm sure we'll get a Nightwing movie in a few years.
I doubt that. It would de facto be a fourth Nolanverse movie, and I think it was made perfectly clear that it ended with part three.
The trilogy is done and Nolan is done, but he's given his blessing for a Catwoman movie at least, so this particular universe doesn't have to be over and done with.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote