View Single Post
Old August 6 2012, 07:47 PM   #13
TrekkieMonster
Commodore

Re: Phase II "Going Boldly" (new vignette)

As I posted on FaceBook, I really enjoyed this. I thought the scene was very well done. It seemed so fitting to transition to the Phase II Enterprise contemporaneously with the transition to Mr. Gross as Kirk. I also have to say that I like the great majority of what might be considered design "compromises" as compared with the original Phase II Big-E design. It's a nice "stepping stone" design, if you will. I especially like that you retained much of the TOS nacelle cap effect. I was surprised at first not to see the dual turbo lift bumps on the bridge dome but, considering this would have necessarily implied a major redesign of the classic bridge set - which, by the way, I'm sure many of us immensely enjoy seeing in each episode - this was quite a ... logical ... choice.

I'm very much going to miss Mr. Cawley's portrayal of James T. Kirk, but am also looking forward to seeing Mr. Gross' take on the role.

I'm very much looking forward to the next episodes, though I cannot say patiently. Thanks, as always, folks - for letting us play in your sandbox.