View Single Post
Old August 6 2012, 11:06 AM   #131
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
Re: Janeway returning to Trek Lit?

coca cola paid me for a few afternoons work some years back where I went to all the convenience stores they leased free of charge soda can refrigerators to, and made sure of two things primarily... That I extract all non coca cola products from the fridges, and two, make sure that the coca cola products are displayed identically and uniform compared to photographic instructions they supplied me with.

That's a Nazi institution doing Nazi things.

I dare you to coherently challenge me on that.

Meanwhile I have friends who have worked at many major chain bookstores and the juniors shelving the books generally after they abide to the alphabet, they are allowed to get arty farty about their presentation, and they fight. The clerks go to war. I'm not talking about switchblades in the break room, but after layout... They manipulate the information available to make sure that their authors are dominant and others fall out of stock due to personal taste rather than saleability. An if there's a difference of opinion, it works into tides and pushing and pulling to make one ideology manifest depending on the swingshifts.

Mouthbreathing civil service like fucking angels restricting your options until you're a bloody Manchurian candidate.

In either case...

"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz

Last edited by Guy Gardener; August 6 2012 at 11:19 AM.
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote