View Single Post
Old August 6 2012, 06:35 AM   #4409
Bob The Skutter
The Revd's Oldman

View Bob The Skutter's Twitter Profile
Re: All I Got Left is My THREAD BOMBS!

doubleohfive wrote: View Post
I never said anything about settling or "being with someone just because you don't like being single."

I simply was commenting on the prevailing and seemingly increasing expectation of both men and women these days to find someone who is their ideal, perfect match. There's a difference between the two.
Indeed there is. I was just making the point that too many relationships end badly because people do do that. And I'm not especially sure that there are an increasing number of people doing that. I think there's less pressure to find someone and settle down at a young age, so people take their time finding someone. Or even people who've had bad relationships with the wrong person and would rather be single than do that again.

But yeah, Rom Coms and TV shows are full of that one true love thing. Which I guess is possibly making people expect more.