View Single Post
Old August 6 2012, 04:09 AM   #4406
shivkala
Rear Admiral

Re: All I Got Left is My THREAD BOMBS!

doubleohfive wrote: View Post
RevdKathy wrote: View Post

And one of those 'e-cards':

This is funny, but it's also sad in a way. The ever growing expectation that there is someone "perfect" or "freaking amazing" out there for each of us - and perhaps by association, thereby excusing us of our own faults and predilections - might be why so many people remain single.

I don't mean to point that out to you directly, just thinking out loud.
Oh you don't want to get me started on this! A BIG pet peeve of mine are all those RomComs where the girl is happy with the guy she's with (usually about to get married) and then meets a new guy and within days breaks up with the old guy for this new one. Yes, they usually try to make the old guy secretly stuck-up, stodgy, whatever, but the message there is, "Don't settle for the guy you've been with for years, and now suddenly develops a problem. Go with the new guy, because that'll work out well!"

Anyway, since we're getting off-topic:

Click the below picture to embiggen:

"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson

Last edited by shivkala; August 6 2012 at 04:24 AM.
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote