View Single Post
Old August 5 2012, 08:30 PM   #142
Pingfah
Admiral

Re: General Music Thread

PKTrekGirl wrote: View Post

I bought the CD, but not the vinyl. The album is reasonably good. I mean, it's not a Pearl Jam record...but it's new and pretty good. I have not decided yet if I will buy the vinyl. I did buy the Brad album on vinyl.

BTW, did you see PJ this summer in the UK? I heard the shows over there were great! Eddie is still over there, IIRC, doing some solo shows. I am seeing Pearl Jam in September - Music Midtown in Atlanta. It's a festival so it won't be a full blown for-the-fans PJ show...but they have just not been touring the US in recent years, so it's better than nothing. PJ headlines night one and Foo Fighters headlines night two...so that will be great!
No I did not see PJ this time, because it all happened stupidly far from me, living as I do at the ass end of nowhere. All in it would have been a 200 trip at least. I am holding out for a proper tour off a new album somewhere nearer to me, or a fan club show which would make it worth the extra expense of going to London.

Luckily though, I get to see Mark Lanegan in 2 weeks time, walking distance from my house, 300 capacity venue, for 15. I absolutely can't wait.

- Richard "Richie" Richard
Pingfah is offline   Reply With Quote